Thursday, January 28
8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Arizona
10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Eastern
Friday, January 29
8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. Arizona
10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. Eastern
About the event
In this moment, as systemic inequities are laid bare and educators search for sustainability, we have an opportunity to examine our education workforce: what people do, how they work together, and their collective capacity to deliver deeper and personalized learning for all students.
At ASU’s Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College, we are prototyping systems that focus on teams of educators with distributed expertise, feature role-based specializations, and open up opportunities for advancement. With partners among schools and education leaders, we are determined to design the Next Education Workforce.
This all-virtual event will not be your typical talking-head, check-your-email-on-the-side online convening. Instead, you and a small group of other attendees with shared interests will engage with each other and a set of experts to explore one of five topics:
- How might we empower teams of educators to identify, address and monitor issues of equity for all learners?
- How might we leverage teams of educators to design deeper, more personalized learning experiences for all students?
- How might we design policies at the local, state and/or national levels that support the development of the Next Education Workforce?
- How might we define and measure broader outcomes for learners and educators?
- How might we design teacher and leader preparation programs to build the Next Education Workforce?
About the Next Education Workforce
The Next Education Workforce starts with the conviction that, if we’re not getting the workforce or the learning outcomes we want, we need to redesign the profession, the workplace and how we prepare people for both. We work with schools and other partners to 1) provide all students with deeper and personalized learning by building teams of educators with distributed expertise, and 2) empower educators by developing new opportunities for role-based specialization and advancement. Learn more
$100 per person
Attendee, after December 18:
$150 per person