The default one-teacher, one-classroom model of schooling is unsustainable for most educators. As a result, our education system does not reliably deliver quality learning outcomes and experiences for nearly enough people. We have a once-in-a-generation opportunity — and obligation — to fundamentally redesign how we staff schools.
The School Superintendents Association through its Learning 2025 Network and Arizona State University’s Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College have teamed up to help school systems build the Next Education Workforce.
Who: Systems-level leaders; Participants typically include: superintendents, heads of human resources, heads of curriculum and instruction, or innovative building-level leaders and teacher leaders
When: September – December 2023
Format: Synchronous sessions will be held Thursdays from 1–2:30 p.m. Pacific, 4–5:30 p.m. Eastern on Sept. 21, Oct. 12, Nov. 2 and Dec. 7.
Cost: $2,000 for teams of up to five people. Additional participants may register at a rate of $400/person.
Between September and December 2023, we will host a series of four virtual meetings, in which you will:
- Hear from superintendents and principals who have designed team-based staffing models
- Hear from educators about their experiences working in team-based staffing models
- Learn about the core elements of team-based models and see multiple examples of these models in action
- Receive concrete resources for creating instructional, staff, budget, and communication plans
- Determine in which schools your school system might launch team-based models
At the culmination of these sessions, participants will take a differentiated pathway based on their readiness to pilot team-based staffing models in the 24–25 school year.
Beginning in Spring 2024,
- Teams who are not ready to pilot team-based staffing models will have the opportunity to continue in the Learning Cohort with office hours and tailored group sessions.
- Teams who are ready to begin designing pilots will be invited to the Leader Launchpad, the next professional learning series intended for school-level leaders
Participants in the Learning Cohort will receive free registration to the February 2024 Next Education Workforce National Summit. They’ll also be invited to attend site visits hosted by ASU and Arizona school districts.