Brent Maddin: What is the Next Education Workforce?
MLFTC is designing the Next Education Workforce. What does that mean? Host Brent Maddin shares how MLFTC is working with schools and other partners to 1) provide all students with deeper and personalized learning by building teams of educators with distributed expertise and 2) empower educators by developing new opportunities for role-based specialization and advancement.
- 0:41: Brent connects the Next Education Workforce to his own personal and professional story and contextualizes the question he’s trying to answer: “What if we’ve created an education workforce that smart, caring, thoughtful people can’t really sustain? Can’t really survive in? Aren’t interested in joining in the first place?”
- 1:41: Brent defines the Next Education Workforce: The Next Education Workforce initiative provides all students with deeper and personalized learning by building teams of educators with distributed expertise and empowers educators by developing new opportunities for role-based specialization and advancement.
- 3:22: Brent elaborates on what MLFTC means by a team of educators with distributed expertise.
- 5:27: Brent urges us to expand our definition of “educator” to include members of the community and consider how community educators might positively contribute to the lives of students.
- 7:03: Brent describes how MLFTC is partnering with schools and districts to support the adoption of Next Education Workforce models and describes a few of the lessons MLFTC has learned from the transition to remote learning in the context of COVID-19.